Saturday 3 June 2023

Oh well!

 


I was feeling much better this morning however not where I needed to be so I decided not to walk again. I am now comfortably resting in Shanty Stay accommodations in Souris (PEI not Manitoba!)

I had a much more positive blog posting drafted. Then I tried a different type of food to test things out. Result really not good proving that I am not well yet.

Fortunately there is a pharmacy almost right out the door so I made my way over there and the pharmacist was most helpful…with specific changes to implement immediately! Gatorade and crackers for 24 hours…no more meds. If that does not help seek additional medical attention. Food poisoning is certainly as possible as a heat related incident or even a combination of both.

My only plan at this point is to simply get well…likely right where I am staying and take it from there. Once well replanning starts again.

So no more blogging until I walk again or if that does not happen … a real possibility…I will consider sending a wrap up blog when and if the spirit moves! 

Many thanks for reading…for the various comments received…it’s been quite the adventure. How quickly things change ๐Ÿ˜Š




7 comments:

  1. I’m sorry Guy. How disappointing.
    Maybe you can make up the miles in your back yard when you get home. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael๐Ÿ™… I am disappointed but it is what it is. Rest and see if even minor walking is possible…if not that’s ok. I very much appreciated your many very helpful, funny comments along the “way”. As you well know and understand a well placed little joke here and there can make a ton of difference. Take care down there in NZ…what a country that must be! Guy

      Delete
  2. That Anonymous comment is from Rachael in NZ (the country)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Guy. I just read this. Interrupted walking is so frustrating - and yet, so inevitable if one does a lot of trips. I was devastated when our walk had to undergo major changes, but now that it is over, I find it easy to focus on what DID happen rather than what did not. I hope things work out for you somehow.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine…appreciated. I know you understand how I feel! This has happened twice before…Via Jacobi Switzerland - 17 days in partially detached retina emergency flight back home…Camino Portuguese 4 days with horrible blisters could not walk…train to Porto…medical attention…on my back for 4 days! This time day 17 again!!! What gives? Your point about looking back and focusing on what was accomplished..what was fun was exactly what I had written in yesterday’s scrapped blog! Thanks for all your various comments..much appreciated…glad that you had a wonderful time and can look back on what went well!

      Delete
  4. Don’t be disappointed- you provided the usual much needed daily diversion for us readers. Get well, and the next walk will be there waiting for you. Bob courage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous…appreciate the comment. I thought this walk would be very different then anything I have done…it did not disappoint ๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete