Ok so I have been accused of wishful thinking...a dreamer at times...a few examples...
- Epiphany... Canada Men’s Soccer team will win World Cup 2022 in Qatar...well you did well guys...need more experience against first tier teams...future is bright... Ok Brazil...time for your 6th title...if not then Morocco 1st!!!
- My family will agree to watch and enjoy best Christmas movie ever - 1951 A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim with me...OK that will never happen so I will settle for watching with someone:
- Elf - simply one of the funniest movies ever (Will Ferrell, Bob Newhart are priceless)...if you don’t laugh watching this you are having a very bad day! Guy Tear Meter - no tears except laughing so hard
- Miracle on 34th Street - Ahhh...An absolute gem! Santa is legally proven to be real...Mom captures the Christmas spirit...everything works out in the end and the little girl get’s her dream family and house! Guy Tear Meter - tears very high probability
- The Holiday - Oh my everything works out in the end beautifully including the old guy getting his award! Guy Tear Meter - tears a certainty
- I will be nominated and win an Oscar award for Best Actor in the Camino Primitivo Foreign Documentary Film Category. Ok would settle for Best Supporting Actor as Paulo will likely win Best Actor for Campiello stunt...refer to Camino Primitivo - Sep 18, 2022 Salas to Campiello blog posting for background on Japanese Camino Film Documentary
But I digress... here is the initial email received Nov 27, 2022 which made this blog absolutely necessary...blogging was not supposed to happen again in 2022 🤣Hello Mr. Arbez,
Upon waking up and reading this email I did a little dance...similar to the dancing Mr. Scrooge did when he wakes up after visits from the Past, Present and Future spirits...except dancing is really not my strong suit...amongst many other skills I do not have 🤣...see hugging picture below with Dr. Olga which has to rate as “worst hug ever”!
So a little digression...again...why not it’s fun for me and there are simply too many must do things in life!... Elodie my youngest granddaughter took it upon herself (she was 4...just turned 5 recently) to teach me two dance moves..."the twist" and “shake your tail”. Both begin from the squat position...so lessons started...note the two dance moves looked exactly the same for me.
“Papi like this”...try, try, try...”Papi not like that...like this”...rinse and repeat on my part...same comments from Elodie... however I sometimes came close but I can’t quite get there. I am thinking/hoping that this may be one of those childhood memories for Elodie down the line 🙂. A few photos of my dancing instructor...she has style...panache in her dress choices 😍
|Coming home from school..note running shoe positions!|
|Normal everyday indoor wear!|
So very true!
Pulpo in Galicia!
Success on reaching Santiago de Compostela
We made it Cyrille (France), Marc , Me , Paulo
Walking the Camino Portuguese in 2018!
A canal stretch that I did not negotiate well…and fell in!
Blister problems which forced a stop after 4 days from Lisbon…train to Porto and 4 days rest and healing
Pre - Surgery
Post surgery recovery food in Porto!
Blister Video (45 seconds)