Friday 24 May 2024

EXTRA Special Blogpost - A lifelong dream is realized...

....55+ years...countless predictions that today was the day...thousand’s of swings...many straight in the bush...in the water...in sand bunkers...off to the left...off to the right...topped X yards off the tee...occasionally on the green and then it happened... 

Dentonia Municipal Golf course Toronto (yes to those golfers out there a pitch and putt par 3 course however still shot my lowest round ever 67 ☺️...at my advanced age it’s all good!). Friday May 24, 2024 @ 10:24 am 5th hole...111 yards...pitching wedge...the ball flew straight and true...a beautiful sight...hit close to the hole...rolled a few feet...and simply disappeared....stunned was not sure it dropped in the hole…minutes later casually plucked out of the cup by yours truly...☺️ What we call a HOLE IN ONE!!! 

Witnesses Steve W and son in law Paul...

Yes that’s me!

So nice to reach down and pick out that ball! Note extreme flexibility!

Geez...Steve the official scorer did not really make a nice 1 on hole 5 🀣

Never to be used again!

A few folks who are blog subscribers know the feeling or in some cases dont yet πŸ˜‰...Stefan (3X), Ken (2X), Guy (1X), to the best of my knowledge Cal PHD (nada or 0X), Steve W (nada or 0X), Andy C (nada or 0X)...others not sure πŸ™‚. Cal with his scientific approach to the game I am sure it will happen. Steve...well...seen you curl and golf...there is reason to hope. Andy...geez...seen you curl but not golf...hmmm...well to be kind I would say don’t get too excited about your chances...what can I say there is hope ☺️ 

As per my usual approach started blabbing about this...phoned my golfing buddy Ken...quite sorry he did not witness this considering I have golfed with Ken (as per my records) 38 times in past few years. The course we play on has 13 par 3s and in advance of each hole & game he hears “I’m going to get my first hole in one” so best guess 532 times 🀣.

Yesterday I sent Steve a text “Just so you know Steve tomorrow I will be getting my first hole in one! Guaranteed!” Upon arrival at the course...when paying green fees...same comment to the fellow at the desk who proceeded to tell me has 35 holes in one...28 at Dentonia which he has played for 40 years. Well...can that really be true? πŸ€”.

So the moral of the story “persistence in dreaming pays off ☺️

Ouch 😣 πŸ˜‚ One of the fellows I sent to a note to Brent...also has 3 holes in one...had this commentDid you know that the odds of  an “avg” golfer making an ace is 12,500 to 1?  I have seen Guy play, and I would suggest the odds are “somewhat” higher in his case, thereby increasing the significance of the achievement!!”

This was followed up with Frank asking/suggesting if I had improved my odds by playing par 3s? You see for a number of years Stefan, Brent, Frank…all senior GWL leaders/former bosses let me join their foursome on men’s golf day. Why I have no idea as I was a much worse golfer than all of them! 

As for Stefan please see below… 3 bl**dy golf balls in a cup…the nerve πŸ˜†

Now I have my answer as they knew no matter how bad I was that my day would come and the well deserved needling would follow…I would never do  that πŸ˜‡



Now Stefan who has 3 holes in one quickly sent me the picture below...I had previously sent him way way back my 3:37 finishing time for my first marathon the day before his first marathon which as I recall was 3:38+...oh so very close…felt so bad but... So payback time...πŸ˜‚

I was Stefan’s golfing partner for his 1st... Titleast 4

Dawn suggested I counter with the following picture for my current and future exploits πŸ˜‰

Kirkland 2 Costco Golf Ball ☺️ hope there is enough room for the future!

I have been working on one last blogpost before I spend a little time resting, thinking about the next long walk and associated timing.  However this emergency blogpost was simply a MUST!!!


2 comments: