Tuesday 7 March 2023

OMG 😳 Japanese Camino Documentary Link has been received...BUT

 ...I simply can’t bring myself to click on the link just yet! After all the anticipation...the story that simply kept expanding (ok out of most people's realm of what is realistic...however well within mine ☺️)...oh man!

Trying to describe how I feel takes me back to the very distant past...lets say almost 60 years to my favourite time of the year Christmas. Actual true story...one of my first very strong recollections...say I was 6 at the time (yes I could have been 15 as well πŸ€“).

Christmas Eve into wee hours of Christmas morning...I was awakened by the sound of reindeer and Santa’s sleigh flying over our house. No question this was real...I did not dream this! Got up, went to the Xmas tree, turned on the lights...stared at presents and got to work sorting. Three piles...one present for me, one for my brother Marc and five for my sister Pauline and went through few rounds for me/Marc and then of course another 5, 10, 15 presents for my baby sister Pauline (just the way it was πŸ˜‡).

My dad heard me...came to see what I was doing...I expect he told me that Santa would come back for the presents if I did not go back to bed so off I went. The excitement and anticipation was simply too much for me...

Well...that’s the feeling I have now. The anticipation was always way more fun than after the gift was opened...once the latter is done...well it’s done!

So...I plan on waiting until this weekend (honestly I will try) for a few reasons...want to savour the feeling of not knowing a little longer...want to clear up a few questions (see below) with Japan Documentary team...want to take my time appreciating the Documentary and seeing if I really am in it. 

How bad/good do I come across (ok my daughter’s expectations will be undoubtedly very very  bad 🀣...youngest daughter has told me countless times “tu parrais terrible Papa”…I have always understood her comment to be a “term of endearment”)..same for how Paulo does. Do I come across better/worse than the lawyer?

How much airtime do we each have in our starring roles...are other Camino friends in potential cameo roles like Pierre* (Belgium), Carmel/John* (Ireland), Didier & Sylvie (France), Chris (Germany), Syp (Holland), Georg (Germany), Gabriel* (Scotland), Simon (Germany), Jaroslav (Czech Republic), Patricia* (United States)

*Pilgrim friends that I have contact information for.

I received the following email today...note I have removed the link and password.

Title: A gratitude from Japan for your cooperation with a TV program


Dear Mr Guy Arbez,


Hope this email finds you well.

My name is Ryota Mimaki from Documentary Japan, a Japanese TV production office. Our crew met you on the Camino and asked your help there.

First of all, we would like to let you know our deepest gratitude for your cooperation and participation in the program. We won't be able to produce a documentary without your support!

Here we would like to share the link of the story you appeared.

Please do not post it online... We might get into a problem...

Kind regards,

Ryota

Not wanting to totally give up on the idea on posting the link on this blog...but knowing full well that it may/will not be allowed I sent the followup email. Even if I could post it I would expect maybe a couple of blog readers max would actually look at it ☺️. Never give up...even when the writing is on the wall!

Hi Ryota,

Thank you πŸ™ kindly for the link to your Camino Documentary! I very much look forward to seeing it in the next day or so.

I sent an email to Shidara yesterday and the main questions I had are shown below.

From your comment on posting it online would the answer to 1) posting on my small blog be.... "no that is not allowed". It would be fun to post on the blog however if your comment on not “posting online” precludes this I will respect that fully…thank you.

As to point 2) I would appreciate knowing if the Camino Documentary can be viewed on an online platform by paying to do so?

I assume it is ok to send the link to Paulo who was involved in assisting the Japanese Documentary team…will ensure he understands any limitations on sharing that you have expressed.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Guy

Hi Shidara,

I hope this email finds you well and that the Camino Documentary development is proceeding as per your preferred timeline. You had indicated the release could be as soon as March…in advance of receiving the link, as mentioned in your recent email, I thought it best to ask a few questions in advance. Please no problem if you are too busy at this time to answer my questions.

1) I maintain a blog of my various Camino routes…on average about 75 people receive blog updates. All would be past or new friends. When the link is received would it be possible for me to include it in a blog posting? If yes I expect some blog recipients would be most interested in viewing the Camino Documentary. If this is not possible I understand and will respect this fully.

2) If including a link on my blog is not possible I have been asked whether the Camino Documentary would be available on any online viewing channel…likely where someone would pay to see it?

Ok maybe the reference to 75 blog subscribers “All would be past or new friends” is a stretch as I have not met a number of subscribers. However I honestly believe that if I met them I could be friends or at least on friendly terms with them sooo...not that terrible a stretch!

Even though I ask permission to send to Paulo I will send him a link before I receive a response. I will however stress the Legal implications of not respecting the online posting of the video. I am not really sure what the Legal problems could be however Paulo will or should know. 

The email received clears up a few outstanding items...

1) I will not be invited to the Documentary Gala opening in Tokyo Japan. Actually I am somewhat relieved as the thought of getting all gussied up was stressful.πŸ™‚

2) I think from Ryota’s (my new friend) email that I must be in the Japanese Camino Documentary. If I am not I may have to have something stronger to drink than the Hot Chocolate mentioned below...like maybe pineapple juice or something. It doesn’t look too good for Paulo though as he is not mentioned at all! I tried to forewarn Paulo a number of times that this might be the end result...hope he at least gets a brief exposure.

So...my next Blog post will be the final one on the Japan Documentary...yes a ridiculously weaved story but it sure was fun...unless of course if the Japan Documentary leads to me walking gratis the Trans Bhutan Walk in which case all bets are off! 

The Blog will likely then go silent until the Island Walk in PEI mid May. At this point I am not sure how Blog worthy the Island Walk will be...will see how the spirit moves once I start the PEI long walk.

As s final little touch to this post...I came across an article on the Caminito del Ray in Spain. For years it was known as the most dangerous hike in the world however in and around 2015 Spain totally rebuilt the walk and today gutsy people walk it regularly...believe it is 7.7 kms in length.

But holy smokes the height exposure is incredible...Paulo this would be a neat hike to do prior to a walk such as the  Camino de Levante which starts in Valencia (would take 3 separate trips of 14 days each to reach Santiago de Compostela or 2 trips 21 days each...Canadian math here as opposed to Brazilian so could explain if required). If you are too scared well I will see if someone else πŸ˜‚ is game...I would be πŸ«£πŸ’©πŸ˜±scared however I am ready to try. Not crazy about height exposure however have to challenge myself sometime!



A 6 minute Youtube video link by a prominent Camino Forum member is included below if anyone wants a little more info...In many areas you can see the old trail just below the new trail…yikes for old trail!

https://youtu.be/KzaCcULt_5I

Ok a few volunteer income tax returns to do over next few days...then Doritos...maybe go crazy with a hot chocolate and watch the Japan Camino Documentary ☺️

No comments:

Post a Comment