Sunday 11 October 2015

Thames River Walk (Oct 4, 2015) - Windsor Special Edition

Somehow posting a few pictures works so one last very short blog dedicated to the merry group of five...Dennis included. We made it to Windsor today...yes a tired group...yes some blisters...yes tired feet etc. However we are still talking to each other and from my perspective walking 119 km's of official Thames path plus many additional km's within villages etc is a feat all of the group should be proud of.

Very well done! Be proud merry band!

Tomorrow the surprise mentioned in my first blog will I hope unfold as planned...assuming the email address I had was the right one! The flag on Windsor Castle is flying which means Her Royal Highness the Queen is in residence I have worked through the various protocols and have arranged a private tea party with the Queen at Windsor Castle for Dawn, Elaine, Dave and me

The only stipulation from the Royal office is that Dennis muck the horse stables...I readily agreed to this. There will be no photographs allowed therefore you will simply have to accept my word the tea party took place.

A couple of pictures to cap things off...

Dennis finally had a job...carting the garbage

A final picture of Dennis
Finally we had a great breakfast this morning at the Bridge B&B and Dennis got a real surprise. Apparently the ladies in the kitchen overheard him whining a lot about the two poached eggs being not symmetrical.

One lady came out of the kitchen and was extremely apologetic and told Dennis that this horrible problem would be corrected immediately, she took his plate way. Being closest to the kitchen I overheard one lady say..."The nerve of that guy..."... The other lady said "I know exactly how to fix this..." Then hysterical giggling started and the following was presented to Dennis...I kid you not about the presentation!

What a way to start the day as we all had a real good laugh...breakfast presentation for Dennis!!!
And finally to my little granddaughter Rose!
Thanks for reading and keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment